Kentucky Marriage License Records Search Tips

When trying to get a divorce certificate, or to check on vital records such as divorce records, you contact the Office of Vital Statistics for Kentucky. They can help you find any information you need, get a certificate with the proper information or even amend a divorce. When visiting the office, do not forget to bring a photo I.D. and that you will probably be asked to provide information about the wife and husband whose records you are trying to obtain (i.e. the wife’s Maiden name, the husband’s full name and the state in which the divorce was finalized).

All certificates are available:
By mail – If you would like to mail in information, requests, fees or forms that you have filled out the mailing address for the office of vital statistics in Kentucky is:

Office of Vital Statistics
275 East Main Street 1E-A
Frankfort, KY  40621

In Person – For walk-in office services you can find the location at the same address as the mailing address above. Remember to bring valid state photo identification with you. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Electronically – If you would like to see the official website for the Kentucky vital records, which is in charge of divorce records and certificates, the official website is:

Questions – If you are looking to amend certificate or contact the office of vital statistics on charge of divorce records and more in Kentucky you can call them at the following number:  (502) 564-4212 

If you are looking to order with a credit card through VitalChek call toll-free:  (877)817-7362  or fax (877)435-5584

Submit Your Review or Feedback for this Product!